Wednesday, 24 October 2012

The secret of CSS is revealed...

I wonder how many hours I've spent tearing my hair out trying to make the header image on this blog central. Far too many I suspect. Well tonight I finally admitted defeat and searched for the answer and discovered the magic that is CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). Why didn't I just ask the question in the first place instead of  a) making myself massively frustrated, and b) resenting myself completely for all the hours I've wasted faffing about? Answer - because I'm tremendously stubborn and determined to make things work, that's why. But never mind I got there in the end!

So for anyone else out there being stubborn and determined but ultimately frustrated, here's how I did it.

Go to "template designer", then "advanced" and select "Add CSS" and add the following code:

#header-inner img {  margin-left: auto;  margin-right: auto;}

Like this:


And hey presto - one lovely centralised header image. Hurrah!

I'm always looking for ways to improve my blog, so any comments or suggestions would be welcome. And any other little snippets I discover, I'll share with you all.