Thursday, 22 August 2013
Thursday, 15 August 2013
It'll be here before we know it. So here's a super little tutorial for making a Scandi style Christmas elf from Lilly My Cat.
Wednesday, 14 August 2013
Click here to visit Pastelesta blog
Tuesday, 13 August 2013
Click here to visit Berry Bakewell blog
Monday, 12 August 2013
Click here to visit Beaded Bazaar blog
Friday, 9 August 2013
Click here to visit Arlene's Crafts blog
Thursday, 8 August 2013
Click here to visit Glasspirations blog spot
Make of the week
Inspired by the hot weather I've been making picnic accessories this week...
My cutlery roll has space enough for 12 pieces of cutlery. Perfect to pop into your cool bag or hamper. I've used Designers Guild Miami fabric here. It's a thick loose weave cotton in crisp white with a vibrant geometric print in blue, red, orange and green. I'm busy working on a matching bag, which would be finished if my pesky daughter would return my toolbox...
You'll find my cutlery roll in Homewares on my website.
Just in case the weather isn't holding up, here's a lovely summery recipe to enjoy at home indoors!
This fresh fruit tart is delicious and so easy to make. You can use whichever soft fruit you like - strawberries, raspberries and blueberries would be brilliant here.
- 1 x 18cm sweet shortcrust pastry case - either make your own or buy ready baked
- 1 large egg
- 25g sugar
- 200ml whole milk
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 2 ripe nectarines sliced, or whichever soft fruit you like (you can leave small fruits and berries whole)
- Begin with the pastry case. If you're using ready made then you're done! If you're making your own, use a sweetened shortcrust recipe and bake blind until golden and crisp. Leave to cool.
- Next make the pastry cream. Put the milk in a small saucepan and heat gently. Meanwhile, whisk the egg and sugar until thick and creamy. Add the flour and whisk thoroughly. When the milk comes up to boil, pour it into the egg mixture and whisk together. Return the mixture to the pan and heat gently whisking vigorously until it becomes very thick. Remove from the heat and place in a clean bowl. Whisk in the vanilla, then cover with cling film to prevent a skin forming. Leave to cool a little then place in the fridge until completely cold.
- Assemble the tart by spreading the pastry cream over the pastry case and top with your chosen fruit. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
Don't forget to make time for Creative Crafting magazine where you'll find more of my recipes
Grab some goodies!
As a special thank you for visiting my blog, leave a comment and share my blog for a chance to win this rosebud cushion cover with fabric covered buttons.
And if you'd like to buy anything from my site or place a bespoke order click here to email and quote "Blog Tour" to get 10% off your order. Visit my website Personal Space Interiors for details of my ready to buy items and bespoke services.
Thanks for visiting everyone, it's been lovely having you. Please call again soon :)
Wednesday, 7 August 2013
Click here to visit Stitchers Anon blog
Tuesday, 6 August 2013
Click here to visit Vicky Myers Creations blog
Monday, 5 August 2013
Sunday, 4 August 2013
Cick here for Loopy's Place blog