I much happier with the design, layout and feel now so maybe, just maybe I'll actually be driven to write like I keep promising I will...
What am I up to today? I've got some gorgeous vintage 1950s linen fabric with a beautiful rose print in reds and golds to play with so I'm going to make some lovely cushions with it today. I'll post the pics tomorrow when I'm done. Actually, the fabric would make a stunning dress. I've seen quite a few vintage dress patterns available on eBay recently but I'm not a dress maker so I wouldn't know where to start really. I suppose it's just a case of following instructions and measuring properly so maybe I'll give it a go.
What's for pudding?
Rhubarb, ginger and orange crumble500g rhubarb washed and cut into 4cm chunks
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
zest and juice of an orange
3 heaped tbsps sugar
110g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place the rhubarb in a casserole dish and cimbine with the ginger, sugar, orange zest and juice
- Add the baking powder to the flour
- Rub the butter into the flour to form golden crumbs
- Add the sugar and flaked almonds and mix well
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the rhubarb
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and leave to cool for 10 minutes
- Serve warm with creme fraiche