Saturday 15 June 2013

A new venture for the weekend - dressmaking...

What do you do on a rainy Saturday when you haven't made any plans, you don't need to be anywhere and you've got the day to yourself? Well I thought I'd give myself a challenge this weekend and try my hand at dressmaking.

This is a brand new venture for me. I've made all sorts of home furnishings and artwork but I've never tried my hand at making clothes, apart from knitting. So with my birthday gift voucher in hand, off I went to John Lewis to buy a pattern. I decided on a 1960s vintage dress pattern (well I would, wouldn't I?) as I had some of my gorgeous vintage linen rose fabric left over.And I must say, I'm really pleased with the results.


The best thing is knowing I have created something unique. I fiddled with the pattern to change the neckline so it really is my own. And it fits perfectly, unlike anything off the peg. I think I may have found a new obesession...

So to all of you potential crafters out there, follow my lead and try something new. You might just surprise yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment