Oh dear, the dreaded hangover didn't get any better. Never mind I battled on, pulled myself together and finally defeated the dark side of cushion making - the round one. I'm quite pleased with it. So, now the fun starts with disembowelling square duck feather inners to make round ones. Choking hazard aside it's good fun!
Have you all remembered CRAFTfest is almost upon us?
Don't forget to drop in during the week for a spot of leisurely shopping. I still have a lot of promotion work to do. How am I going to fit that in while finishing my bespoke order and babysitting two grandchildren? I feel a bit of serious multi-tasking coming on, so with that in mind here's a brilliant and super quick dish...
What's for dinner?
Chicken with pesto and lemon pasta
2 chicken breasts cut into strips(or use leftover roast chicken)
1 jar of good quality pesto (or make your own using olive oil, garlic, toasted pine nuts, parmesan and basil)
juice and zest of a lemon
- Cook the spaghetti in a lrage pan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes until just tender
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan fry the chicken in a little olive oil until golden
- Drain the cooked spahetti reserving a little cooking water and add to the chicken
- Stir the pesto, lemon zest and juice, and reserved cooking water through the pasta and simmer for 2 mins
- Serve in warmed pasta bowls with a sprinkling of grated parmesan, black pepper and a scattering of freshly torn basil leaves